Welcome to Paradise!
We hope you are settling into your new home and life in the Oceanside area. The Qualicum Beach Newcomers' Club can definitely help in making new friends!
Next Meeting September 13th, 2016 (2nd Tuesday of a month)
St. Stephen’s Hall, 150 Village Way, Qualicum Beach.
Please use Hall door directly opposite the Curling Club
Doors open 9:45 AM, the meeting starts at 10:15 (sharp)
At the monthly meetings you will have the opportunity to meet other Newcomers, sign up to an activity, or purchase tickets for the many events that occur throughout the year. Not only are our meetings fun and informative, but they are generally only 60 minutes in length! We recommend coming early so you have time for a coffee, and to chat with the organizers of the events, and activities before the meeting starts.
Events tickets on sale at this month meeting
- Mystery Coach Tour (Sept 16th) $25
- Poker Walk (Sept 21st)
At every meeting, we have guest speakers who talk for 8-10 minutes each on a variety of topics
The speakers at our next meeting will be from:
Geoff Ball, Director, Milner Gardens and Woodland
Eileen Leachman, Qualicum Beach Curling Club
One or two of the many QBANC Activities & Clubs will be highlighted at our regular meetings.
After Meeting Lunch
After each monthly meeting a Newcomers' Lunch is held at 11:45 AM at a local restaurant for those members who are interested. This is also a great way to meet members of the executive since one or two of them generally attend. There is no need to purchase tickets ahead of time. We simply ask for a show of hands during the meeting, and let the restaurant know how many will be coming.
Bring 1 or 2 books that you enjoyed to the meeting. You can exchange them for the same number of books you have not previously read. The Coordinator will start things off by bringing a varied selection of books and plans to return home with the same number. Please only bring books you don't mind parting with. Come early for the best selection!
- Coordinator: Caroline Tardiff
If you know of anyone in our Qualicum Beach Newcomers group who would benefit from a little cheering up, please contact our Sunshine Group.
Joy Dennie 289-816-2411
What Should You Bring To A Meeting?
- If you are already a member, please remember your name tag. If you haven't signed up yet, temporary name tags are available at the membership and greeter's tables. (coffee and tea is free).
- To pay for any events you sign up for: cash or cheques.
- We support our local food bank with food or cash donations.
- Books for the book exchange.
- Your favourite coffee mug or tea cup can always fill up at the snack bar.
- Meetings are “scent free”, so please do not wear perfume, cologne or after shave lotion.
- Bring your smile!